Skin icing is a modern beauty ritual that became familiar in many beauty spas for its wide range of benefits. This is a great treatment for refreshing the skin, fighting the formation of wrinkles, avoiding the acne and blemishes. All these benefits lead to a healthy and glowing skin. If you start using skin icing every morning and evening, the following things will happen to you:
- Icing tones the face, making it look smoother. Sit also helps tighten and shrink enlarged pores by helping to unclog pores that can appear larger due to debris and excess sebum.
- Skin icing makes wanders when applied before makeup. As it tightens the pores underneath the makeup, the foundation will look smooth and flawless. You will see the results if you try icing your face and then apply a primer.
- Skin icing helps in increasing the blood circulation by constricting the blood vessels and less blood goes to the skin surface. This is a great solution to get rid of inflammation and swelling.
- Icing works great in reducing puffiness under the eyes by reducing swelling.
- Icing reduces the signs of wrinkles and avoids the creation of new wrinkles.
- Skin icing reduces swelling and redness, so it is great for pimples.
How to apply skin icing?
Skin icing is an easy technique. Once you notice a new pimple apply skin icing to slow the inflammation. Hold an ice cube on the acne for several seconds. Repeat the technique every other night. Here are detailed instructions:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Wrap one or two ice cubes in a soft cloth.
- When the ice starts melting and dampens the cloth, apply it to the face.
- Hold the ice on your face for 1 or 2 minutes on teach affected area of the face.
- Move the ice gently using circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Take special care for the area underneath your eyes.
- Once you finish, apply a toner, acne treatment or moisturizer.
You can also apply icing without covering the ice. For this you will need to wear gloves. You’ll get the same effects when holding the ice with a washcloth. Stop if the cold becomes too uncomfortable. Avoid icing one area for more than 15 minutes. There will be more benefits if you infuse the water for the ice cubes with lemon, rosewater, green tea, cucumber or chamomile tea.